Facts & Tips
CurrencyThe official currency is the Canadian Dollar, marked by the “$” or the “C$” currency sign, and denominated by the 3-letter CAD code.
The Canadian Dollar is divided into 100 Canadian cents. Paper notes are used to denominate 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100 Canadian Dollars, and coins are used to denominate, 5, 10, 25, 50, Canadian cents and 1 Canadian Dollar (commonly referred to as the Looney) and a 2 Canadian Dollar coin (commonly referred to as the Twoney).
LanguagesMontréal is located in the Canadian Province of Québec, which is predominantly French-speaking; Québec is the only Canadian Province to have French as its sole provincial official language although English is widely spoken.
Weather in AprilMontréal has a short, mild spring, with an average maximum temperature at the end of April of approximately 13ºC - 15 ºC, and an average minimum temperature of 3ºC-5ºC.
Due to the changeable weather conditions in April, it’s advisable to bring with you:
- a light rain coat
- an umbrella
- a cardigan, pullover or jacket
- a selection of light clothing which can be layered as daytime can be warm, but evening time can quickly turn chilly
Voltage and OutletsIn Canada the electrical supply is 110 Volts and 60 Hertz, and uses plug types A and B.
- Citizens of certain countries need a visa to visit or transit Canada. Please use this link to verify if you do: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp
- If you require a visa, please follow these guidelines when applying: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp
- If you obtain a visa to enter Canada you will still require a passport to enter Canada:
- CongressMed will not be responsible for any cancellations or delays caused by authorities due to a lack of Visa or other required documentation. It is the sole responsibility of each participant to determine if a Visa is necessary and to secure one.
Emergency Medical Services9-1-1 is the emergency telephone number for the North American Numbering Plan (NANP).
In Canada, 8-1-1 is assigned for non-emergency health information and services.