Centre for Reproductive Medicine, UZ Brussel
Medical education at the Dutch-speaking Catholic University of Louvain (1971).
Doctor in Philosophy, in Gynaecology, Obstetrics and Infertility on oocyte donation at the Dutch-speaking Brussels Free University (1989).
The Dutch-speaking Brussels Free University pioneered in 1991 the use of intracytoplasmic sperm injection.
Publications & Awards:
Citation: Hirsch factor of 100.
Citations: 40 223
Received 3 national and 4 internationals research awards.
Wrote 4 books.
- Member of the Editorial Board of Tijdschrift voor Fertiliteitsonderzoek (1985-2006)
- Founding member and first President of the Belgian Society of Reproductive Medicine (1999-2001)
- Professor of Reproductive Medicine at the medical campus of the Dutch-speaking Brussels Free University (1986 -2011)
- Clinical Director of the Centre for Reproductive Medicine at the Dutch-speaking Brussels Free University (1983-2011)
- Member of the Editorial Board of Fertility and Sterility at present
- Oration award Dr. Dossibai J.R. Dadabhoy by the Bombay Obstetrics and Gynaecology Society, Bombay (1995)
- Awarded by the Hellenic Society of Fertility and Sterility, Athens, Greece (21 November 1997)
- Associate Editor of Human Reproduction Update (1998-2004)
- Visiting professor at the State University of Manila (2000)
- Honoured by the Van Campenhout Memorial Lecture, Canadian Fertility and Andrology Society (2003)
- International Editorial Board Member of Acta Obstetrica et Gynecologica Scandinavica” since 2000
- Honorary member of the Middle East Fertility Society since 1 December 2004
- (Co-)President of the Belgian National Committee for Bio-ethics (2005-2013)
- Nominated as Fellow ad eundum of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (27 September 2005)
- Chairman of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) (2005-2007)
- Visiting professor at the University of Utrecht (2005 – 2012)
- Doctor Honoris Causa at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece (2007)
- Honorary Member of the Egyptian Fertility and Sterility Society (6 September 2007)
- Nominated by the Second International IVI Foundation Award for the Best Clinical Research Record in Reproductive Medicine (20 September 2007)
- Aw Boon Haw visiting professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of the University of Hong Kong (13 February 2008 – 23 February 2008)
- Member of the Ethics Review Process of the European Commission (March 2008)
- Awarded by the Society of Gynecologic Investigation (SGI) Special Lecture (Glasgow, Scotland, March 2009)
- Director of Medical Education of the International Federation of Fertility Societies (IFFS) since 2011
- Awarded by the Patrick Steptoe Lecture ( 7 January 2012 in Leeds)
- Honorary Member of The Belgian Society for Reproductive Medicine 30.11.2012
- Honorary Member of The Dutch speaking Society for Obstetrics and Gynaecology 25.10.2012
- Member of the Steering Group on Human Resource Planning of WHO since 15.12.2012