Monday September 22, 2014
Writing an Abstract
Abstracts should be submitted in English and contain no more than 3,600 characters, including titles, graphs and non-visible characters, such as spaces and line breaks.
Please write concisely and clearly and follow this structure:
Abstracts may be submitted for the following topics:
- Width (in pixels): min 50 / max 750
- Height (in pixels): min 50 / max 750
- Size (in KB): min 40/ max 1,000
- DPI: min 96 / max 300
- Format: JPG or GIF
- Maximum number of tables: 2
- Minimum number of rows: 1
- Maximum number of rows: 15
- Minimum number of columns: 1
- Maximum number of columns: 10
The Scientific Committee may request additional information about abstracts and reject abstracts.
Type of Presentation
Authors should select their presentation preference. Final decision on the presentation type will be made by the Scientific Committee.
Oral presentation: The abstract is selected for oral presentation at any of the Free Communication sessions.
--> Note: The number of oral presentations is limited. Abstracts with preference for oral presentation will be selected by the Scientific committee.
ePoster presentation: The abstract is selected for presentation in a ePoster format. ePosters will be on displayed throughout the meeting.
Book only: The submitter chooses not to present the abstract in oral or poster format. The abstract will only appear in the Abstract Book.
- Each submitter can present up to 2 abstracts (only 1 of which can be an oral presentation).
- Creation of a user account is required for the submission of an abstract.
- Accepted abstract presenters must pay their registration fees by no later than September 30, 2014 in order for their presentation(s) to appear in the Program and Abstracts Book.
If needed, abstract authors will receive an extension for the early bird registration fees.
- Payments must be received by the above noted registration deadline.
- Abstract presenters must be pre-registered according to the above deadline.
- The Scientific Committee may request pre-registration from abstract submitters prior to abstract review.
- Submitting authors will be notified as to whether their abstract has been accepted, as well as the date, time and form of their presentation.
- Any change of the presenting author needs to be communicated in the form of a written statement to the Scientific Committee.
- If the original presenting author is unable to present the abstract, it is that person's responsibility to ensure that one of the co-authors takes over this role.