1989-1992 - B.Sc. with honors; Faculty of Agriculture, Dept. of Animal Science, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
1992-1996 - DVM; Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
1996-1997 - Rotating internship; Large Animal Medicine and Surgery, Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
1997-2000 - Residency; Large Animal Internal Medicine, Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel. Under the supervision of Dr. Gila A. Sutton, Specialist (Israeli specialization), Equine Medicine
2003-2008 - PhD; Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel. Under the supervision of Prof. Nahum Y. Shpigel, (publications # 10, 14, 15, 17)
2008-2010 - MHA (Master of Health Administration); The Faculty of Management - The Leon Recanati Graduate School of Business Administration, Tel Aviv University
Appointments at the Hebrew University:
2004-to 2010 - Lecturer (at the Veterinary Teaching Hospital of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
10/2010-to date - Senior Lecturer (at the Veterinary Teaching Hospital of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
Functions at the Hebrew University:
2006-to 2012 - Head of Large Animal Department, Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Koret School of Veterinary Medicine
2010-to 2013 - Deputy Director, Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Koret School of Veterinary Medicine
2013-to date - Director, Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Koret School of Veterinary Medicine
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
Cattle botulism in Israel – humoral immune response and ecology of the bacteria,
Supervisor: Dr Nahum Y. Shpigel, (June 2008), (publications # 10, 14, 15, 17).
1. Tzur, I.PI.Goodship, A.E.C Maltz, L.C Oron, U.C and Steinman, A.S (1998). Enhancement of bone apposition to stainless steel cortical screws by surface modification using heat treatment: an experimental study. J. Orthopaedic Trauma 12:504-509.
2. Steinman, A.PI Elad, D.C and Shpigel, N.Y.PI (1999). Ulcerative lymphangitis and coronet lesions in an Israeli dairy herd infected with Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis. Vet. Rec. 145:604-606.
3. Steinman, A.PI Gips, M.C Lavy, E.C Sinay, I.S and Soback, S.PI (2000). Pharmacokinetics of metronidazole in horses after intravenous, rectal and oral administration. J. Vet. Pharmacol. Therap. 23:353-357.
4. Steinman, A.PI Isoherranen, N.C Ashoach, O.S and Soback, S.PI (2002). Pharmacokinetics of Gentamicin C1, C1a and C2 in Horses after Single Intravenous Dose. Equine vet. J. 34:615-618.
5. Steinman, A.PI Banet, C.C Sutton, G.A.C Yadin, H.C Hadar, S.C and Brill, A.C (2002). Clinical signs of Equine West Nile encephalomyelitis during the outbreak of 2000 in Israel. Vet. Rec. 151:47-49.
6. Steinman, A.PI Peer, G.S and Klement, E.C (2003). Epidemiological study of Culicoides hypersensitivity in horses in Israel. Vet. Rec. 152:748-751.
7. Isoherranen, N.PI Yagen, B.C Spiegelstein, O.C Steinman, A.C Finnell, R.H.C and Bialer, M.PI (2003). Gas chromatographic determination of novel valproyl taurinamide derivatives in mouse and dog plasma. J. Chromatogr. B. 788:125-136.
8. Steinman, A.PI Banet-Noach, C.C Tal, S.C Levi, O.C Simanov, L.T Perk, S.C Malkinson, M.C and Shpigel, N.Y.PI (2003). West Nile Virus infection in crocodiles. Emerg. Infect. Dis. 9:887-889.
9. Winkler, I.PI Sobol, E.C Yagen, B.C Steinman, A.C Devor, M.C and Bialer, M.PI (2005). Efficacy of antiepileptic tetramethylcyclopropyl analogues of valproic acid amides in a rat model of neuropathic pain. Neuropharmacology. 49:1110-1120.
10. Steinman, A.PI Chaffer, M.C Elad, D.C and Shpigel, N.Y.PI (2006). Quantitative analysis of levels of serum immunoglobulin G against botulinum neurotoxin type D and association with protection in natural outbreaks of cattle botulism. Clin. Vaccine Immunol. (Formally known as Clin Diagn Lab Immun) 13:862-868.
11. Steinman, A.PI Britzi, M.C Levi, O.C Lavy, E.C Lichter, A.C and Soback, S.PI (2006). Lack of effect of diet on the pharmacokinetics of enrofloxacin in horses. J. Vet. Pharmacol. Therap. 29:67-70.
12. Steinman, A.PI Shpigel, N.Y.C Mazar, S.T King, R.C Baneth, G.C Savitsky, I.T and Shkap, V.PI (2006). Low seroprevalence of antibodies to Neospora caninum in wild canids in Israel. Vet. Parasitol. 137:155-158.
13. Steinman, A.PI Banet-Noach, C.C Simanov, L.T Grinfeld, N.S Aizenberg, Z.C Levi, O.C Lahav, D.C Malkinson, M.C Perk, S.C and Shpigel, N.Y.PI (2006). Experimental infection of common garter snakes (Thamnophis sirtalis) with West Nile virus. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 6:361-368.
14. Steinman, A.PI Kachtan, I.S Levi, O.C and Shpigel, N.Y.PI (2007). Seroprevalence of anti-botulinum neurotoxin type C antibodies in horses in Israel. Equine Vet. J. 39:232-235.
15. Steinman, A.PI Millet, N.S Frenkel, C.C King, R.C and Shpigel, N.Y.PI (2007). Presence of Anti-Botulinum neurotoxin antibodies in selected wild canids in Israel. J. Wildl. Dis. 43:548-550.
16.Kligler, E.B.S Shkap, V.C Baneth, G.C Mildenberg, Z.C and Steinman, A.PI (2007). Seroprevalence of Neospora spp. among asymptomatic horses, aborted mares and horses demonstrating neurological signs in Israel. Vet. Parasitol. 148:109-113.
17. Steinman, A.PI Galon, N.C Arazi, A.C Bar-Giora, Y.S and Shpigel, N.Y.PI (2007). Cattle immune response to botulinum type D toxoid: results of a vaccination study. Vaccine. 25:7636-7640.
18.Shilo, Y.PI Britzi, M.C Eytan, B.C Lifschitz, T.S Stefan, S.C and Steinman, A.PI (2008). Pharmacokinetics of tramadol in horses after intravenous, intramascular and oral administration. J. Vet. Pharmacol. Therap. 31:60-65.
19. Granot, N.PI Milgram, J.C Bdolah-Abram, T.C Shemesh, I.S and Steinman, A.PI (2008). Surgical management of sand colic impactions in horses: a retrospective study of 41 cases. Aust. Vet. J. 86:404-407.
20. Sutton, G.A.PI Ertzman-Ginsburg, R.S Steinman, A.C and Milgram, J.C (2009). Initial investigation of mortality rates and prognostic indicators in horses with colic in Israel – a retrospective study. Equine Vet. J. 41:482-486.
21. Britzi, M.PI Gross, M.S Lavy, E.C Soback, S.C and Steinman, A.PI (2010) Bioavailability and pharmacokinetics of metronidazole in fed and fasted horses. J. Vet. Pharmacol. Therap. 33:511-514.
22. Aharonson-Raz, K. Steinman, A. Bumbarov, V. Maan, S. Singh Maan, N. Nomikou, K. Batten, C. Potgieter, C. Gottlieb, Y. Mertens, P. and Klement, E. (2011) The isolation and phylogenetic grouping of Equine Encephalosis Virus in Israel. Emerging Infectious Diseases. 17:1883-1886.
23. Steinman, A. Zimmerman, T. Klement, E. Lensky, I.M. Berlin, D. Gottlieb, Y. and Baneth, G. (2012) Demographic and environmental risk factors for infection by Theileria equi in 590 horses in Israel. Vet. Parasitol. 187:558-562.
24. Schwaber, M.J. Navon-Venezia, S. Masarwa, S. Tirosh-Levy, S. Adler, A. Chmelnitsky, I. Carmeli, Y. Klement, E. Steinman, A. (2012) Clonal Transmission of a Rare Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus Genotype between Horses and Staff at a Veterinary Teaching Hospital. Vet. Microbiol. 162:907-911.
25. Tatz, A.J. Segev, G. Steinman, A. Berlin, D. Milgram, J. Kelmer, G. (2012) Surgical treatment for acute small intestinal obstruction caused by Parascaris equorum infection in 15 horses (2002-2011). Equine Vet. J. 44:111-114.
26. Kelmer, G. Raz, T. Berlin, D. Steinman, A. Tatz, A.J. (2013) Standing open-flank approach for removal of enlarged pathologic ovaries in mares. Vet. Rec. accepted