web analytics

Visa options for Conferences

All visitors to Australia must have a valid visa to travel to and enter Australia (other than New Zealand passport holders who will normally be granted a Special Category visa on arrival, provided they meet health and character requirements; and permanent residents of Norfolk Island who may be granted a Permanent Resident of Norfolk Island visa on arrival).

The appropriate visa will depend, amongst other things, on your purpose for visiting Australia.

Visa Options

For Participants

May be eligible for an ETA (subclass 601), eVisitor visa (subclass 651) or Visitor (Business Stream) visa (subclass 600), as long as you:

  • do not work for or provide services to a business or organisation in Australia
  • do not sell goods or services to the public

You may also be eligible for one of these visas if you are undertaking a genuine unpaid volunteer role, but only if an Australian resident would not otherwise be paid to do that type of work (you can be reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses such as meals and accommodation). See: www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visi/Visi

For Speakers or delegates who are being paid for their participation, journalist, reporter and Exhibitors

The passport which you hold determines whether you are eligible to apply online, or need to lodge a paper based application.

Depending on your eligibility, you may be able to apply for one of the following visas:

  • Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (subclass 400)
  • Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) (subclass 601)
  • eVisitor visa (subclass 651)

Visitor (Business Stream) visa (subclass 600).

Click for:
Visa Application Requirements